I'm a full-stack engineer who loves working with passionate teams to build great products. I bring nearly a decade of experience across a wide range of industries including healthcare, finance, online retail, studio management and digital marketing.
I've worked on a variety of application architectures including stateless APIs, microservices, single-page and server-rendered applications, batch and data stream pipelines, third party integrations and open source developer tools.
PHP, Node.js, Go, Laravel, Nest.js, Vue.js, React, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebase, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS (EC2, RDS), GCP (Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Endpoints, Cloud Storage, Compute Engine, Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, PubSub, Cloud Build, Vision API, Google Drive, Apps Script, Monitoring), Headless Chrome, Auth0, Figma, Element UI, Facebook API, Stripe API
# Work Experience
# Premier Healthcare Management
Lead Software Engineer Apr 2019 - Present
Leading a team of more than seven engineers at a fast-paced healthcare management company. Working directly with the CEO to manage day-to-day operations of the technology team while implementing features to support growth.
- Expanded the app team from four to eleven members over twelve months including engineers, project managers, UI/UX designers and data experts
- Accelerated feature delivery by implementing structured processes around planning, design, execution, code review and team-building
- Improved time to release through containerization, an agile deployment pipeline, and automated testing
- Advanced site reliability, recoverability and outage response time through instrumentation, monitoring and alerts
- Developed comprehensive care quality scores through batch and stream data aggregation pipelines
- Unlocked access to data intelligence for our executive clients through in-app embedded reporting
- Radically accelerated claims workflow by implementing a custom EDI 837 parser and bulk import tool
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Apr 2018 - Apr 2019
Worked with a talented team of engineers to build out features, improve application reliability and performance and extend security best practices. Led the adoption of a microservices architecture using Kubernetes, Node.js and gRPC.
- Refactored and automated MediCal Eligibility workflow into containerized microservices deployed to GKE
- Improved and automated fraud, waste & abuse detection through a comprehensive and customizable triggering engine
- Identified and refactored dozens of poor-performing SQL queries negatively impacting user experience and workflow
- Led the adoption of structured code review, automated testing, QA and peer-programming
- Implemented best practices for authentication / authorization and logging of detailed user activity
# Omni Holding Company | Pure Studio
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack Aug 2017 - Apr 2018
Senior developer for a SaaS studio management platform. Implemented automated backend test coverage, integrated multi-tenant Algolia text search, built out class-scheduling features and implemented registration modal on the Pure Indoor Cycling B2C website.
# Tipsy Elves
Senior Web Developer Nov 2015 - Aug 2017
Provided support on Magento e-commerce site while developing a custom e-commerce framework designed to serve 3M+ users and process millions of dollars in annual revenue. Designed API architecture and single page application with Laravel and Vue.js.
# Merch Connection
Contract Web Developer Oct 2015 - Apr 2018
Provided support for Shopify integrations and maintained billing management backend. Developed a crowd-buy discounting plugin for promoting flash sales on merchandise.
# Rescue Social Change Group
Integrated Marketing Specialist May 2014 - Nov 2015
Managed a team of developers, marketers, and designers launching digital public health campaigns across the country. Developed internal software tools for managing paid ad campaigns and social promotions.
# Immersive Youth Marketing
Social Media Strategist & Web Developer Jun 2013 - May 2014
# Bridgepoint Education
Student Advisor Apr 2012 – May 2013
# UC Berkeley | Rec Sports Marketing
Digital Marketing Intern Jan 2011 - Sep 2011